- Warmth – most rooms in the house may have tiles. During colder seasons, tiles make the house quite cold. If you don’t have underfloor heating a carpet will do just as well and save you money on the electricity. The fibres in the carpet accumulate and retain heat thus creating a natural heater. As you know, warm air rises so the carpet will constantly circulate that heat.
- Style – carpets create a fashion statement. Choosing your favourite carpet will add a personal touch to the room. They can also add with some colour and life to an empty room.
- Cut – many of these lovely items can be cut to the desired size to fit in a room. Many designs will not get distorted if a portion is removed from the edges. Extra edging such as a fringe can also be added to soften the look.
- Completes a Room – as stated before, something covering the uniform floor could brighten up the room. They also break any solid colours thus adding to the décor by complementing the existing furniture and creating a more attractive space.
- Children – children love to play and sit on
- Let your sofa have a ‘conversation’ with your chairs. It’s a simple trick you can find at hotel lobbies and even rooms to invite people to sit and have a conversation. The furniture are arranged ‘U shape’ or ‘H Shape’. In the ‘H shape’, two armchairs which sit side by side is facing the sofa. In the middle is a coffee table. While the ‘U shape’ places the coffee table in the center, the two armchairs on its left and right side, and the sofa at the middle. All chairs and the sofa are facing the coffee table. Another furniture tip is that don’t push the furniture against the wall. Doing that sets the limit of the room. ‘Floating’ furniture gives the illusion that the room is a lot larger.
- Let natural light in. Want to save on lighting expenses but still make your home fabulous? Go for natural light. Sunlight not only provides good lighting but disinfects your home. It’s also invigorating foe some to get much needed rays. This also means who no longer need thick, expensive drapes.
- Mirror, Mirror, on the wall. Mirrors make the room look bigger. They also bounce light across the room.
Make it Count
Consider your home to be a beautiful puzzle. Let the decor be such that every product fits within it in a perfectly balanced way. Let there be no extra piece, however pretty it may be. Anything that doesn’t serve a purpose of fulfilling that puzzle is a piece that doesn’t count and so should simply be disregarded.
Quality vs. Quantity
One must rather have key pieces which make a statement rather than multiple baubles that do nothing but create noise. Getting carried away by sweeping trends may sound quite alluring at first but will only prove to be a waste in the longer run. Instead, invest in timeless decor products. For example, of all the options of storage boxes online, it is advisable to buy vintage storage boxes rather than many other boxes for decoration. This will ensure that your accents look classy for years to come. Remember, the principle of quality over quantity to always maintain a cleaner, de cluttered home decor.
Left door in, Right door out
Often we get so caught up in buying all the pretty things that come our way, we forget how we have a lot
Making wood the key feature of your room doesn’t have to create a rustic vibe depending on the type of wood used. Going outside of the box entails the search of vintage furniture, where every piece has its own story and face, moreover the detail found in antiques can’t be found in newer models. So what do you do when picking out vintage pieces? Go to a store where you feel the authenticity as soon as you walk through the door. When shopping around don’t get too caught up in finding the same shade of wood because I’ll tell you now, it’s difficult and the piece probably won’t have the same vibe. Therefore, avoid the matchy-matchy and collect various shades and when you place it in your room it will flow effortlessly together.
There’s nothing like that smell of real wood. Finding furniture made out of 100% wood can be difficult and expensive but by shopping vintage you will save a few bucks while still having you stand out in the crowd. By adding a vintage table or a bookcase, the space is colored to your liking even if you stick with your old sofa and chairs.
- There is nothing wrong with having a passion for modern and strange decorations and furniture items. It is when you are no longer happy with what you have designed that becomes a problem. This could be due to the lack of functionality an item has or the types of colours and themes are outdated.
- Choosing the paint colour before getting your furniture could be a mistake. Your furniture is the focal point in your home. The colour should only be chosen once you have found your favourite and most comfortable furniture. Choosing a colour first will limit the styles of furniture to choose from.
- Not measuring the size of the room is another mistake. Everything should be proportional in your house to ease the perfectionist in you. Before purchasing an item at a furniture store, measure the space where it will be placed. This will help you choose the correct sized furniture and keep the room spacious.
- It is okay to keep the lounge suite the same style but it might be overwhelming to you to see a constant colour or type of wood throughout a single room. There should be contrasting objects that lighten the room and create an elegant
Capacity Needs- The first and foremost thing that needs to be considered while selecting a dustbin for your place is the size and capacity of the bin. You may need to think about the kind of waste products that are common at your place. In offices, it is mostly the paper waste, and in industries, the waste is in the bulk form that takes more space. Hence, choose the size that suits best for your needs. It should neither be too big nor be too small. The bigger one will get heavy after getting full, and the smaller ones will be incapable of holding the waste products in a proper way. So, choose the ones that are just best for your place.
Looks do Matter a lot– Yes, these days looks do matter, and people are gets impressed by the good looking interiors and exteriors of the places that they visit in their day to day life. So, making this notion of “First Impression is the Last Impression” True, one can choose the customised dustbins which can present the brand value as well as the colors which suit best according to the surroundings.
Material- The products you choose must
Get the right shade
Many people make the mistake of choosing the wrong hues for their bedroom and diluting any visual effect it might have. If right colors and hues are not chose, it can make the room feel cramped and dull, something you’d never want. To give a subtle look to the room, you should pick colors like grey, taupe or beige as they tend to be natural as well as muted. You can also go with colors like brown and mauve to get a more composed look. With right shade, it won’t be a trouble in getting a feel of roominess to the bedroom.
Pick small pieces of furniture
If you’re not selective with the furniture, it can end up making your bedroom occupied and cramped. Big and bulky furniture should be a big no for a small bedroom as they can create a feel of visual clutter. Rather, you should go for small pieces that are easy to fit and that bring a roomy feel to the spaces. It’d be great if you could find furniture with versatility in mind so that you can make then double up, fold up and save
A very popular, though simple design, is the parallel pattern. Starting from a point, the tiles are patterned parallel to each other with uniform stripes.
Shaped like a T, the row of bricks starting from the wall creates joints and links to each other. The aesthetic pattern produces a rustic ambiance that reminds of the far away and long ago amidst urban scenes. Rough finishing on ceramic with a faded surface sets the tone.
An irregular approach
Though it does appear complex, it’s different and inexpensive too. The tiles in abstract shapes are joined with mortar. The tiles with curving edges are fitted together. The design is called Prague in honor of the Brazilian designer, Renata Rubim.
Contrast is the key with the use of two patterns of tiles that create two dissimilar sections. It often resembles a carpet pattern with dark and classic tiles for a striking effect.
The geometrical minimalist approach
Imagine a tiny, stylish kitchen floor. Wood imitation ceramic tiles are arranged in the herringbone V-shaped pattern. The wooden cabinets and counters blend in well. The herringbone is getting popular
- Designability – The dictionary would have us use two words – design and ability, but every designer knows that ability of a design to stand the wear and tear of usage adds to it designability. Since the process of lamination delays fraying of edges and seams, it will enable designers and homeowners to give flight to their imagination. Its impact on home furnishing will be felt in décor demands as customers clamor for truly unique finishes and designs.
- Durability – The durability of interior furnishing products is bound to increase as lamination makes them scratch and stain proof. Customers can relax, enjoy and not tense up as kids run their toy cars over a favorite cushion or best friends spill wine on the new sofa. After all, each item of the home is bought with love and hard-earned money. Laminate coverings will make it easy to clean stains and spills. Since each item can be easily maintained, it will enhance the durability of prized possessions.
- Longevity – Indians are famous for covering everything in plastic to increase its lifespan. Customers are also fraught to buy expensive furnishings for high use areas. The smart marketers and practical
Number of cushions
When it comes to the number of cushions to be placed, one should always go with the thumb rule of ‘odd is key’. If you have a three seater you must place five comfortable cushions on it, to get the balance right. The only obvious exception being a single seater would only require only one cushion, anything more than that would mean crowding the space and would ultimately look ugly.
The main thing about adding cushions to your living space is getting the colour scheme right. What’s essential here is how the colour of the home décor scheme blends with the colour of the cushions that I am adding to my couch or sofa. The thumb rule here being you must take the colour of the couch as the base colour and the hues of the cushions being a complimenting colour.
You may even go one step further in breaking the chain of the same colour cushions in a set. Though this requires a great sense of aesthetics to get it right, what you can do is have different colours of cushions in the same set. The safest way is to have